North American Technical Sales Representative, location: flexible, ideally in Mid-West, US
The North American Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for supporting the current US Sales team, but also for developing and managing their own customer base of prospects and existing customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business focusing on clean energy and sustainability. Our markets are global; near-term focus is the North American Bioethanol sector, however, clients also make vitamin C, perfume, and vodka and we're expanding into Brazil and Europe.
Whitefox is a purpose-driven company, striving to reduce energy and water consumption in industrial processes through innovative solutions based on our membrane technology.
The North American Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for not only supporting the current US Sales team, but also for developing and managing their own customer base of prospects and existing customers in order to deliver sustainable growth for Whitefox in North America. To be successful in this role, the candidate would need to have experience in the Ethanol industry, be data driven with good IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel and is either currently working in a sales capacity or in an engineering role, but demonstrated desire to establish a career in sales.
The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and converting a defined prospect base segment of the North American market into customers.
- Where applicable escalating a proven membrane solution to another customer plant location.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Whitefox commercial processes. Client Commercial Input form, Project Economic File, Client Prioritization Matrix, Sales Planning documentation, visit reports and proposals.
- Update commercial inquiries database and keep team updated on market news, upcoming events and suggested conferences to prepare for the Global Sales monthly report.
- Engaging and coordinating with the process engineering team to determine the viability of suggested Whitefox membrane solutions.
- Sharing information and participating in Global Sales meetings to provide knowledge on the incumbents prospects and customers.
- Lead contact in North America for the Global Marketing Team in London. Coordinate Conference events with local event partners within agreed budgets. Liaising with Ethanol Industry partners.
Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or statistics, math, or computer science
- 2-3 years of experience in the Ethanol and Renewable energy industries.
- IT proficiency, Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Skills and Experience you should have:
- Innate ability to sell
- Math and analytical skills
- Experience with Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Word,
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Organised and able to plan, multi-task, and manage time effectively
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to successfully work collaboratively and with minimal supervision
- A positive, “can do” attitude
At Whitefox we look for people who:
- Challenge themselves and others to find new ways to do things
- Communicate with consideration
- Appreciate everyone in the team
- Think strategically about what’s important and the best way to get it done
- Continue to learn, practice and adapt
- Cultivate resilience
- Integrity and commitment to ethical business practices
- Consistency and reliability
- Consultative approach
- Achievement oriented
- Desire to build a career within Whitefox.
Who are we? At Whitefox, we Waste Less and Produce More. This applies not only to the work we do but also to the people who do it. We work with our customers to:
- Consume less energy and water and create production efficiencies
- Curtail harmful emissions and foster healthy environments
- Waste fewer person-hours and increase innovation
- Trim client costs and improve sustainability and the global economy
We are innovators; we use our proprietary technologies to develop beautifully engineered solutions with global partners collaboratively.
We are influencers; we challenge incumbent technology providers and create opportunities for producers (our customers) to think differently.
Our markets are global; Our primary near-term market focus is the North American Bioethanol sector – this is an exciting sector making a meaningful impact on reducing energy consumptions and carbon emissions. However, we also have clients who make bio-chemicals, Vitamin C, perfume, and vodka – so variety is part of this opportunity. We are looking beyond North America and Europe with expansions in South America and Asia.