Project Planner / Scheduler (Calgary, Canada)
Whitefox is currently looking for a Project Planner / Scheduler to join our team in the Project Management Office based in our Calgary location. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the CTO and engineering teams, this role is key to the successful delivery of Whitefox customer and development projects.
To be successful in this role, you will be a pragmatic person with high performance orientation and proven practical experience. The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare baseline schedules and schedule basis documents for approval by project teams.
- Create and maintain projects plans and resource loading requirements ensuring that plans can be achieved within constraints.
- Set up tasks and sub tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project contract requirements as scheduled.
- Develop, monitor and update project plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible.
- Review schedules with project team members and client on a regular basis to ensure that accurate and timely data is incorporated in the schedule.
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in the developing of alternative methods for corrective action.
- Assess impacts to the critical path and near-critical activities and report to the project team.
- Produce schedule progress reports, trending charts (Burndown, Skyline) and schedule analysis on a periodic basis (critical path(s), float and milestones)
- Other assigned project management and administration works as needed.
What you’ll bring
- University education in a STEM discipline
- >3 years of scheduling experience in engineering projects
- Strong knowledge and experience of Primavera P6 or MS Project
- Knowledge of SAP Business ByDesign an advantage
- Planning Scheduling Professional (PSP) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience focusing on resource loading
- Understand contractual clauses as they apply to planning and scheduling
- Understand principles of cost estimating and productivity in establishing schedule parameters (duration, cost and resource loading, etc.)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, growing technology business and help shape the next phase of their development.
Who are we? At Whitefox, we Waste Less and Produce More. This applies not only to the work we do but also to the people who do it. We work with our customers to:
- Consume less energy and water and create production efficiencies
- Curtail harmful emissions and foster healthy environments
- Waste fewer person-hours and increase innovation
- Trim client costs and improve sustainability and the global economy
We are innovators; we use our proprietary technologies to develop beautifully engineered solutions with global partners collaboratively.
We are influencers; we challenge incumbent technology providers and create opportunities for producers (our customers) to think differently.
Our markets are global; Our primary near-term market focus is the North American Bioethanol sector – this is an exciting sector making a meaningful impact on reducing emissions. However, we also have clients who make Vitamin C, perfume, and vodka – so variety is part of this opportunity. We are looking beyond North America to expand into Brazil, Asia and Europe.