Research Engineer (London, UK)
Whitefox is currently looking for a Research Engineer to join our team in London, UK. Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager and working closely with the engineering team, this role is responsible for providing technical support to ensure the effective delivery of Whitefox membrane technology and processes.
To be successful in this role, you will be a pragmatic person with high performance orientation and proven practical experience. The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support development of membrane separation processes and new applications.
- Provide technical and scientific expertise while evaluating work carried out by manufacturing partners.
- Work closely with our laboratory team to evaluate membrane performance data.
- Review 3rd party documentation for completeness, assimilate and create Whitefox summaries and analysis.
- Create and maintain concise, accurate, and traceable documentation (i.e. includes analysis, summary, source files and updates).
- Assist with project/grant proposals, status reports and coordinate with relevant grant funding bodies.
- Ensure technical development activities follow approved project plans.
What you’ll bring
- A university education in Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Membrane Science, or related discipline,
- 3 to 5 years’ related experience, preferably within a chemical engineering or membrane manufacturing environment,
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel,
- Experience with SAP is a plus,
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to meet demanding deadlines
- A demonstrated thorough understanding of technical fundamentals, methods, and processes,
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a strong focus on analysis,
- Sound problem solving and judgement,
- Accuracy and attention to detail,
- Integrity and commitment to ethical business practices, and
- A consultative achievement-oriented approach.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, growing technology business and help shape the next phase of their development.
Who are we? At Whitefox, we Waste Less and Produce More. This applies not only to the work we do but also to the people who do it. We work with our customers to:
- Consume less energy and water and create production efficiencies,
- Curtail harmful emissions and foster healthy environments,
- Waste fewer person-hours and increase innovation,
- Trim client costs and improve sustainability and the global economy.
We are innovators; we use our proprietary technologies to develop beautifully engineered solutions with global partners collaboratively.
We are influencers; we challenge incumbent technology providers and create opportunities for producers (our customers) to think differently.
Our markets are global; Our primary near-term market focus is the North American Bioethanol sector – this is an exciting sector making a meaningful impact on reducing emissions. However, we also have clients who make Vitamin C, perfume, and vodka – so variety is part of this opportunity. We are looking beyond North America to expand into Brazil, Asia and Europe.