Senior Detail Engineer, Mid West, US
Whitefox is currently looking for a Senior Detail Engineer to join our team in the Operations department. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Field Engineering team, this role is key to the successful delivery of Whitefox membrane solution projects.
To be successful in this role, you will be a pragmatic person with high performance orientation and proven practical experience. The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting safety at all times in your work,
- Integrating Whitefox membrane solutions into existing biofuels production facilities,
- Performing detailed design engineering activities,
- Liaising with third party engineering partners and customers,
- Providing technical guidance for commissioning, start-up and shutdown,
- Assisting with troubleshooting during normal operations.
- Executing detailed engineering design of the agreed customer solution as defined in the Design Basis Memorandum (DBM).
- Providing guidelines on commissioning when needed.
- Reviewing and approving:
- process calculations (e.g., hydraulic calculations, pressure safety valve sizing, and tank/vessel sizing)
- process and instrumentation diagrams, process flow diagrams, and mass and energy balances
- datasheets, equipment selections, specifications, and drawings from equipment suppliers, and control narratives
- Participating in, and executing, hazard analysis as well as hazard and operability review meetings,
- Reviewing and approving detailed plant operating procedures,
- Travelling to plant sites as needed.
- Representing Whitefox at tradeshows and conferences.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, mechanical, electrical, or similar engineering discipline
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite, Excel in particular
- 5+ years Ethanol industry experience
- Previous experience working within a small, international company is considered an asset
At Whitefox we look for people who:
- Challenge themselves and others to find new ways to do things
- Communicate with consideration
- Appreciate everyone in the team
- Think strategically about what’s important and the best way to get it done
- Continue to learn, practice and adapt
- Cultivate resilience
- Integrity and commitment to ethical business practices
- Consistency and reliability
- Consultative approach
- Achievement oriented
- Desire to build a career within Whitefox.
Who are we? At Whitefox, we Waste Less and Produce More. This applies not only to the work we do but also to the people who do it. We work with our customers to:
- Consume less energy and water and create production efficiencies
- Curtail harmful emissions and foster healthy environments
- Waste fewer person-hours and increase innovation
- Trim client costs and improve sustainability and the global economy
We are innovators; we use our proprietary technologies to develop beautifully engineered solutions with global partners collaboratively.
We are influencers; we challenge incumbent technology providers and create opportunities for producers (our customers) to think differently.
Our markets are global; Our primary near-term market focus is the North American Bioethanol sector – this is an exciting sector making a meaningful impact on reducing energy consumptions and carbon emissions. However, we also have clients who make bio-chemicals, Vitamin C, perfume, and vodka – so variety is part of this opportunity. We are looking beyond North America and Europe with expansions in South America and Asia.